Where in NJ is Elder Brox?

Brox Family

Brox Family
Front row from L to R: Travis, Melissa, Andy, Jace (on lap), Nate. Second Row from L to R: Kylan, Makenna, Chad, Kierra, Sara (on lap). Back row from L to R: Shanna, Tyler, Wendy, Donnell, Drew (on lap).

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2/11/09 Letter


"Hey family, hope all is well in Vegas. Well this has been a good week. We did a lot of finding; we got 10 hours finding in 3 days, it was crazy! A lot of the people we were going to teach last week had to cancel, and since we had nobody else to stop by and see, we went all out and got about 6 good potentials (probably 3 of them we will teach). We'll have to see."

"Christian didn't came to church last week, he had to take care of his kids, and his leg was hurting really bad. But we should see him this Saturday. We are gonna have to move it back to mid March or something so that we can teach him all he needs to know, and so that he can be ready for that time."

"On Monday we had our Zone Meeting. This transfer we are going to be focusing on the Christ-like attributes, and how we can better ourselves as missionaries and give it our all. It should be a lot of fun, I can't wait to get out there to teach and find. I'm trying to motivate myself better, because when I've been out for like 3 hours and no one wants to listen, it is a lot easier to go check up on a less actives or something else. We have over 600 less actives here by the way. But one of my goals is to stay out of the car as much as possible. It will only help me better myself, I need to rely and trust in the Lord more and to always be happy. Even though it can be very hard with a companion who doesn't like talking, and who can be hard to get along with at times. I need to focus more on serving the mission and the people then myself. Please keep me in your prayers that I will be able to rely on the Lord more."

"After Zone Conference we went out for about an hour of angry people slamming the door in our faces. Then I got tired of it and we went to go follow up on some people. That night though we got to teach Luisa, and it is very hard to get a hold of her, but after about 6 weeks we were able to meet with her again. We taught her The Plan of Salvation, and she LOVED it. She was asking amazing questions and it just went really well. She told us she was going to continue to read and to pray about the Book of Mormon, and this time actually mean it. She really wants to know if it's true or not."

Luisa and Elder Brox

"Tuesday we did service for a member named Bro. Gubin, he is a funny old man who has a dog who gets excited really easy. The Dog's name is Lucky, I bent down to pet him, then I got back up and he was all over my leg. Bro Gubin was yelling at him, and all of us were laughing. I took the dog and put him on Elder Harrison's leg, but he stopped and came back to mine. I guess he was feeling a little "Lucky". Then we went finding , and had a dinner appointment with a new couple who moved into the branch. The Tanner's, they are so cool. They got married like a month ago. Sister Tanner is from Henderson (Green Valley), and her maiden name is Dangerfield. Do we know of anyone with that last name? They all moved to Utah now so I don't know. But we had a good visit with them."

"So everything is going well, I hope Kylan will get his call soon, I'm so anxious to find out. Well Love ya Family, Happy B-Day to Chad, Kylan and Sara, and anyone else who I may be forgetting. Love you all."

-Elder Brox

No comments: