Where in NJ is Elder Brox?

Brox Family

Brox Family
Front row from L to R: Travis, Melissa, Andy, Jace (on lap), Nate. Second Row from L to R: Kylan, Makenna, Chad, Kierra, Sara (on lap). Back row from L to R: Shanna, Tyler, Wendy, Donnell, Drew (on lap).

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

4/1/09 Letter

"Wow! I can't believe that Kylan is actually now set apart as a full-time missionary. It's AMAZING! I'm sooo happy."

"Well let me just tell you of the awesome week that we had. Thursday I went on an exchange down to Sparta with a Brazilian named elder Consuli. He is the MAN! He likes to teach and be obedient and we can see that they are working really hard down there. We talked to some crazy people, and then one of our last appointments was with an Haitain Lady. I miss serving in Maplewood where there were a lot of Haitians. She is a part member family and is awesome. Her son came in on the lesson and listened to everything."

"Friday we had an interesting appointment with a Born Again Christian. If you are not familiar with the Born Agains they believe that all they have to do is except Jesus in there hearts and they are Saved. Anyways we read with him James ch. 2. Read it sometime it's awesome. Well he understood, but he had a hard time thinking that when we are resurrected we get our body again with Flesh and Bones. He would not accept it. Then I finally remembered a scripture in Job 19. Its something along the lines of this."Though the worms devour my skin, yet in my flesh I shall see God." He was basically dumbfounded and didn't know what to say. He allowed us to come back and teach him so it was good."

"On Saturday we got a call from Fernando and Jennifer saying they canceled the appointment for the day. We were looking forward to that ALL week. So we decided that we would go anyways. The reason why they canceled was because their friend needed help with Wedding Dresses. So we went anyways and it turned out to be great! They opened up so much and Jennifer basically told us why she stopped coming to church. When we first got there we asked Fernando if he was going to church. He told us probably not. Then after we finished our lesson we asked again. Fernando said they did some talking and they were going to come to church. We were soo happy. So Sunday rolls around and they come to church. I can literally say I saw there faces glow, and that a new light had entered into them. It was one of the best feelings I have ever had in my life. That was the first time in my life where I can actually see someones face glow. Fernando we later found out was fasting because it was fast Sunday. He just fasted out of respect, then in our Gospel Principles class our ward mission leader didn't know what the lesson was on so he did "fasting." It was totally lead by the spirit, and now he knows to fast for a reason. We are going back there again tonight."

"Monday I went on another exchange with Elder Boyer in Clinton. We had a good time and talked about some awesome experiences found a few potentials and had a great time. This morning We did service for the mission president and his wife. It was our Zone and also zone 7, we all had a good time."

Elder Brox and Elder Henderson


Missionary Service Project

"Well I am soo thankful for all you guys being wonderful examples to me and for helping me stay out here on the mission. This time is going by sooooo fast, I don't know where the time is going. Well Love you all. I pray for all of you everyday."

-Elder Brox

No comments: