"Hey Family, and Friends!!!! Man this week was just insane. I was so happy to be able to talk to you guys on Sunday. It made me feel a lot better and gave me a new motivation to do better. That will be the last time you guys will hear from me until I come off the plane. Even though I have still have a while before I come home. If time keeps up the way it is then I'll be home tomorrow."
"Well this week we just happened to separate the Wheat from the Tares. A lot of people we dropped or they dropped us. It was the ones who we thought were progressing really well. We taught some of the most powerful lessons with them, but they are being antied and Satan is working so hard to not get them to believe us. Oh well they are not yet fully prepared. Two of them said that they prayed about Joseph Smith and had really bad feelings and nightmares. We told them wherever there is the most truth there is the most opposition, but they seem to fail that concept. They think it's more important to ask their Pastor then God. Which really makes us flustered."
"We went on a number of exchanges this past week, 4 of them I think. They were back to back so my comp had to plan the day for me. It's kinda cool but really hard to do. We are trying to help out members of our zone. There are a few who are struggling. One is Elder Stettler, my old comp. He is always negative about things and envies other elders areas besides his own. It's amazing how much the attitude plays in the role of how much work can get done. He doesn't really like me so Elder Clark went with him and grilled him. Christine and Tom Wood came to church this last week. She has been coming along very well. We leave with her home work assignments and she has been having a blast with them. She needs to come to church 2 more times and then she will be ready for baptism. So we just have to count our blessings."
"I know the Lord has been blessing us tremendously, for which I am grateful for. Missionary work is really the hardest work we can do. It can be very stressful at times but we just need to put our heads down and get to work. The Plan of Salvation is such a blessing, to have the knowledge of where we were before this life, what happens after and where we will end up. I'm so grateful for being on a mission, it has changed my life. I can keep going on and tell you how it has changed my life, but you guys won't know for yourselves until you experience it yourself. I was thinking about this the other day. Whenever I read my friends emails and saw how much it changed them, I thought it was awesome, but it's just like gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon, you can think it's awesome all you want, but until you experience that change, and you truly are looking for something more in your life, and apply the principles, it's not going to mean anything. I Challenge all of you to gain that testimony as I have. You don't have to serve a 2 year mission to do it, you can start now, because tomorrow never comes."
"I love you all and I am so grateful to be apart of such a wonderful family. There is no better family on earth and I have all of you to thank for that. I Love you all and hope you can experience the same happiness as I have. Success is in the invite. Love you guys, thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!!!"
-Elder Tyler Brox






















No comments:
Post a Comment