This is a compilation of a letter and an email written by Tyler on the 16th. "This week flew by. we had two more elders move in our apartment this week, so it's really crowded. I'm not liking it too much. I got a haircut last night and my hair feels so much better. I like it short because then I don't have to worry about doing it. We went mini-golfing, it was really fun. I came in third place."
"We went over to the Villamore's house on Saturday and Joy has a little girl named Isabel, we call her Izzy. Izzy was making a lot of noise and Elder Roberts & I were teaching the plan of salvation. It was very hard to teach. Izzy kept crawling to me wanting to play. I didn't want to be rude, so I played with her while Roberts was teaching the lesson, and that made her quiet. She was really cute but I couldn't put her down because she didn't want to. But now Joy understands why Adam & Eve ate the fruit, and that it was all a part of God's plan. It went by so well, it was a very good day." Andy had a similar experience on his mission in France. They started teaching a single mom with 4 small kids. The kids were constantly fighting during the discussions. Every time they would start to feel the spirit, the kids would scream and completely undo everything. So Andy started playing video games with the kids so that their mom could listen to the discussions and feel the spirit uninterrupted. The mom and four kids got baptised, but not before Andy was transferred from the area two days before. The kids were fighting over who got "Elder Stubbs" to baptise them. Sadly, it would have been Andy's only baptism his entire mission. But the Lord truly does work miracles. This little family went on to introduce their entire floor/stairwell (they lived in an apartment) to the gospel, and MANY were baptised because of this one woman, who wasn't afraid to share the gospel.
"Monday was the last district meeting for this transfer (by the way I'm staying here another six weeks) so we get together as a zone and we go to lunch. We went to Olive Garden, it was a lot of fun, and great food. Someone backed into us the other day. It was their fault, it was in the middle of a turn and I guess they couldn't see us and backed into us before we could honk. We have to go get it fixed now. "
"Today was interesting, we get out of the car to start knocking and there's this lady on the other side of the street who saw us. we knocked on the door and this older lady answered, she wasn't interested but as soon as we turned around the lady from across the street was 15 feet away yelling at us. She says "There's only kids there, leave them alone!" Then she said they wouldn't be interested. I said we would keep knocking. We eventually went a few houses down. I thought for sure she was going to call the cops but she didn't. We actually found someone that was interested in the Book of Mormon so it was a good day."






















No comments:
Post a Comment