"Hey family well I guess you already know that none of the libraries were open last Wednesday so I'm sorry I wasn't able to write. It began to snow this morning and on our way here to the library we got stuck on this hill that we were going up. Everyone got out to push me and we were the only ones who made it all the way up the hill, it was awesome."
"I called home on Thursday, and let me tell ya it made me so happy to hear everyone. Except that Shanna and Heather didn't talk too much. As long as you guys continue to write me you'll be forgiven. J/K. I had a lot of fun with Elder Nielsen, and Elder Stettler. Elder Nielsen was my MTC comp. who I lived with for the past 3 months here in Paterson, and Elder Stettler was my companion for the last 3 months. I can say that I had
the funnest time out here with them. They both got transferred on Monday, man that was a sad day.We all went and saw the Paterson Falls on Sunday after our dinner appointment with a lady from Ecuador, man they make best food known to man.....besides mother's home made cooking."

"We had Aliza, her Daughter Jennifer and her sister Debbie come to church this last Sunday and......They didn't like it! What the heck, we even had the best speakers, they just weren't used to it. We met with them yesterday and had a really good lesson on the apostasy and authority, we had to repeat for the 3rd time now so hopefully they got it down. Aliza promised to come to church again this week. She realized that change can be different, so that was good. She is Pro-Woman, and we brought an older member with us to visit, and he basically told her men are better then women. Man she was furious, but we over came that problem. Whew! Monday was a depressing day for me, but I'm getting out of it now. Elder Sharp is still here. I got my new companion, Elder Montag from Lehi Utah. He's only been out for 5 months. He's had a rough life growing up. Family please pray for me, I've been stressing out like crazy. I fasted yesterday until today (24 hours) and I feel that everything will be all right, but if you could still just keep a little prayer for me to help me get over things than that would be great."
"We went and had a good day yesterday, we did a lot of tracting and it really helped me out. Thank you guys for everything, Christmas was a blast. We played Apples to Apples and then Phase 10, with all the missionaries and some of the youth around our age, and we all had a good time. Besides being a little stressed I'm loving every minute of the mission and know that it will go by fast so I need to take advantage of the situation and learn a lesson from what I'm left with. Love you guys and thank you for all the support."
-Elder Brox
No comments:
Post a Comment