"Hey Family, I'm so happy that all of you had a wonderful week. We had a few Miracles this week, but besides that I was disappointed in myself, because I could have done a lot better this week then I did."
"On Thursday Elder Montag and I went out tracting. I let elder Montag choose the streets to pick, and he picked a very Jewish neighborhood. We did it anyways because those are the streets he picked and maybe someone would listen to us. Well we got about a third of the way done with this street, and this man answers the door. He was very nice and open to learn more. His name is Rich, he doesn't go to church very often, and is open about learning more of the Book of Mormon, so that was pretty cool, the only person on that street who wasn't a Jew was semi interested. Well we are on the last door this Jewish lady comes up and tells us that they are all Jewish and no one on the street would be interested. I proudly told her that someone wanted us to come back and to teach him more, and that he lived just a few houses up. Well needless to say she was at a loss for words and went away. It was AWESOME!"
"Friday we had another Mission mini conference with our area 70, Clayton Christensen. It was amazing, he taught us a lot about member missionary work and how we can help the members be more active in finding out who of their friends the Lord has prepared to listen to the Gospel. I Loved it. I also got word that a family we I worked with, and were great member missionaries and has done a lot for the ward, that Bro. Grillone passed away on Monday. He fought and won cancer, but then it came back and killed him. It was very sad to hear that. After the conference a lot of the missionaries went to their home and we sung a few hymns for her. It was really good, the spirit was very strong. Then we or all those who knew the family got to go up and talk with them for a while. It was nice to see them again. They have a son who is on a mission in Chile, he was about to come home but before his father passed he told him not to come down. So he stayed. That would be a very hard thing to do. I'm not sure what I would do if that had happened to me. That night we had a branch pot luck. It was fun." "Luisa is in Columbia so we are unable to meet with her, but she should be calling us tonight. She loves learning more about the gospel, and now her older brother is interested. Christain came to church again on Sunday. He is doing very well. He will not be baptized within the next month, because he is still smoking, but he will get baptized. Also on Thursday we stopped by a media referral, he wasn't home so we tracted around for about 3 hours, and I kid you not, only 3 people answered the door. Out of 3 hours that's a lot of people. So I was thinking to myself why do we still keep knocking when no one is home? We head back to the car and someone pulls up and waves us down. I was in the car getting ready to backup and leave, but this man turned out to be the referral. He is actually a less active who would like to start coming back to church. So those are the miracles."
"It was a good week, but like I said it felt like I could do so much more. Family, I love you and I'm glad to be apart of this family. The Gospel is sooooo true, its the only one that would make perfect sense, it truly does. Love you all. Expect miracles this week, invite a friend to Church. The Lord WILL bless you."
-Elder Brox






















No comments:
Post a Comment