Where in NJ is Elder Brox?

Brox Family

Brox Family
Front row from L to R: Travis, Melissa, Andy, Jace (on lap), Nate. Second Row from L to R: Kylan, Makenna, Chad, Kierra, Sara (on lap). Back row from L to R: Shanna, Tyler, Wendy, Donnell, Drew (on lap).

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

5/7/08 Letter Excerpts

"Hey Everyone, how is everyone doing? I'm sorry for not sending an email out last week, it's really busy, even on a P-Day believe it or not. This week has been really good. I'm going to tell the key events. "

  • "Thursday night we went to go see George Pinellos who is 13 and his mom is a member, he's not. We went over the last 2 lessons we taught before to make sure he understood everything. He really likes Young Men's, so we are really excited for that. He is very shy and at first he didn't like church, but after Young Men's and making more friends he really likes going to church. He told us near the end of the meeting that his goal was to be baptized. We were very shocked, but then extremely happy. It was a very good day."
  • " Friday we went to a ward party, it was the one year anniversary for the ward since it has been combined. It was a lot of fun, we ate a lot of good food. We also sneaked into a picture as we were leaving and everyone thinks it's so funny, but I look pretty gay, that's probably why it was so funny.....hmmm."
  • "Saturday, we taught a less active, one of the less actives from the family we found that came to church a couple Sundays ago, the Reyes family. We taught the oldest daughter because she is the most committed into getting her life back on track again. She is our age and she flirts like no other. We taught her a lot of the commandments because she wanted to know what we are not supposed to do. I taught half of the Law of Chastity, thanks to my comp who kinda threw it on me, but it went very well. I was just very blunt about it, I said there's no need to beat around the bush with this one. So I did it, and I felt good about it. She understood and took out her tongue piercing and threw it on the ground, near the end of teaching her A LOT of commandments, she said she felt very good about it."
  • "Sunday it was an amazing service, it was Fast and Testimony meeting. My heart was beating so fast it actually hurt, so I had to bear my testimony. We had 6 investigators there that week. The Villamoore family=4 Dorothy=1 and George=1. We were so happy to see the Villamoore family come. It was the best Sunday I've had so far. Then that night we went over and re-taught the Restoration."
  • "Monday we had dinner at a members house, the Gibson's. Bro. Gibson came back on vacation from Las Vegas, he wanted to stop by the lab, but I guess no one answered, but then Mom called him back later that day. Also we went to go see Dorothy, just a brief visit, but guess how long we stayed there for.........4 hours! I was so frustrated! We were there for about 45 mins and we were going to leave, but she said she told her friend about us and she wanted to meet us. She called and said she would be right over. Then we waited, about 30 mins goes by and we think she's gonna be there anytime now. Then Dorothy tells us she ordered us pizza, so then we really couldn't leave. 2 hours goes by and the friend finally shows up. We answered her questions for another hour, then finally we left. It was crazy. Anyway, I still love it out here. I love you guys, be safe."

-Elder Brox

No comments: