Where in NJ is Elder Brox?

Brox Family

Brox Family
Front row from L to R: Travis, Melissa, Andy, Jace (on lap), Nate. Second Row from L to R: Kylan, Makenna, Chad, Kierra, Sara (on lap). Back row from L to R: Shanna, Tyler, Wendy, Donnell, Drew (on lap).

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

9/3/08 Letter

"Hey Everyone, I hope your all doing wonderful! By the last e-mail I got from mom it sounds like everyone is doing really well. Well first off on Wednesday after we went and wrote e-mails, my Zone Leaders took us to go see some tags in my area. They were in an abandoned building. It was so cool, I got a video of it and will try to send it to all of you guys, but I'm not sure if it will send. It was really cool, it was in the middle of the woods which can make it very scary at night, but we didn't do anything stupid. It is only one place of many in NJ where there are some really cool tags, its more in the ghetto."

"On Thursday we tracted for 4 hours straight, and didn't get done with the street we were knocking, and we didn't find anyone new to teach. Except for later that night when we went to stop by a potential named Peter. He has a huge home. When we got there he was on the phone and he was saying he was going to get his 20 million guy and get a part of some time share so they can hang out. So this guy is completely loaded. He has really good friends in the church and one of them just recently got called to be a mission president in Brazil. He loves the people of the church and especially Utah, where everyone is so kind to each other. He is really trying to find the truth, he said he would spend hours on hours discussing about it with his friend who is now in Brazil, and he couldn't even answer the questions that he had. But little does he know, all he has to do is pray about it. He actually said "Its funny that you mentioned I should pray, because I was thinking about praying again." He is an awesome guy but he's just hung up on a few things."

"We had an appointment with Faiht on Friday. Lets just say it was all over the place. I really felt like we could have done a way better job. We answered a lot of her questions but its just hard because it lead to everywhere and it sounded confusing to me, but she said she understood. I hope and pray that it does go by better the next time we see her again."

"Saturday we went and had a really off schedule, we had to help someone move in the morning and then study in the afternoon, it felt really weird and it felt like I was being a lazy missionary even though I know I'm not. But all went well that day. We actually went to a Catholic Church that day as well with Jean. He wanted to leave 15mins into it. I wanted to stay so I know what a Catholic Service is like. It was really weird, it was very dark inside with a lot of statues. The Father would talk for like 5 mins then they passed the collection basket around then basically had the "Communion" which is the Sacrament, it was pretty funny the guy held it up in the air high above his head and then the organ gave it some effects like dun dun dun. There was a lot of people there so it wasn't awkward or anything, but we did get a lot of looks."

"On Sunday we gave a blessing to a member, Bro. Duverglass, one of my favorite families in the ward. I felt the spirit very strongly when I was giving the blessing. I love giving them because I feel so good about it afterwards. We also had a very good conversation with one of our investigator's grand children, they were so nice to us. They were pretty much blown away by our schedule, so hopefully their hearts have been softened."

"Monday we had an appointment with Russell Smith, the old man who can't hear too well. When we were talking to him, you can hear his stomach grumble, he didn't even notice, I loved it. Then for FHE we did a play, I was King Nebacanezzer, I sent a picture of me all dressed up, it was pretty fun."

"Yesterday was another 4 hour finding day, with no one new to teach, but it was fun. Met a few interesting people. Gave a Book of Mormon away in French with our testimonies in it. We played golf this morning, actual golf, and it was pretty fun, but it wasn't my favorite. Kierra HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Love you guys and thank you for being examples to me. Take Care!"

-LOVE, Elder Brox

No comments: