"Hey everyone! Hey mom, I haven't heard from you in a while. Is everything OK? Please let me know, I usually only hear from Kierra now."
"Well this week we finished teaching the Plan of Salvation to Krissy and Tamera, they brought their sister with them who I guess is very catholic, but that's OK because she doesn't read the bible, so it was easy to overcome concerns. It went very well, but the feeling we got after we left is that they just want to know and not change their ways. They smoke and drink coffee, and probably alcohol too. But they are really nice people, hopefully they will change their perspective on things. With the Lord, anything is possible."
"Thursday we did a lot of running around to try and stop by all of our potentials who are scattered everywhere. We found an awesome old guy, who asks the questions straight out of the book. It was so cool. His name is Russell Smith. He had some Mormon neighbors that he was really close to, but they never talked about religion. Here is what he said. "I went to visit my wife's grave a few weeks ago, and it really made me wonder, is there life after death?" He hit it right on the nail. This man is SO funny. He has a hearing problem, so my comp asked if he can use the bathroom, and he just completely ignored the question and kept talking, until like three more times he asked him. Then he said sure why not, like he never mentioned it before. He goes off on tangents so it's really hard to teach him. But once again we didn't knock on his door for nothing. So we are still going to teach him as much as we can."
"Then on Friday we had a BBQ with some members it was fun. The members had a lot of fam that weren't members so it was a good day, they all are visiting from Haiti for a few days, so hopefully they look up the missionaries back home."
"Saturday and Sunday were kinda depressing. We ran around because we felt like we needed to be somewhere and we stopped by everyone we knew. No one was home, so I don't know what was going on, if the Lord is testing us or not, but it was a little frustrating."
"Well family my time is short today, overall this week was really great. I got to teach the youth about missionary work and it was awesome, the spirit was really strong. I feel really good about them. This is now officially the longest I've been in an area. I'm loving it. I love you all and hope to hear from you all too."
-Elder Brox






















No comments:
Post a Comment