"Well how is everyone doing so far? I hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics, I have a story to share about that here in a few. First off, I am sending pictures again, I didn't forget this time. haha. My comp. E. Davis is awesome, we get along so well. We had a really fun week. This was the last week of the transfer, and this will be the longest area I've stayed in so far. I'm staying here in Maplewood for another 6 weeks , then I'll probably be moved."
"We didn't do much finding this week, because one I was sick. Two, we have a lot of potentials we try to check up on and usually they are never home. Three, that's how many potentials we have, it takes up almost all day to stop by most of them. I went on an exchange with Elder Farmer one of the assistants I live with, and we had a lot of fun. We had to go to the bathroom really bad, well more him then me. And I told him the Lord will provide, and we were getting rejected hardcore. So I see this house across the street and I said lets knock this one. So we do, we can see the family is Jewish because of the ten commandment deal they have on their door. We knock and this Hispanic lady comes to the door. Farmer is a Spanish missionary, so they talked in Spanish, and she let us use the bathroom. In the bathroom they had these custom napkins with their last initial on it, in gold. Well she wasn't interested but she at least let us use the bathroom. Then two houses down, we talked to this one man named Dirk, he is so humble, we asked if we can share a 5 min lesson and turned into and hour. We taught him about the Restoration and he said it all made sense and wanted our number if he had any questions. I've been trying to get a hold of him, but so far haven't yet."
"I went on another exchange with E. Zannatta the other assistant, and since they have to do almost everything, they get to come in at a reasonable time. He had two appointments so I went with him to this man's house and they speak Portuguese. It was about 10:30 at night and they are just talking and I obviously couldn't follow so I ate the food they made for us. Then they started talking about the Olympics, and I guess the final race for Micheal Phelps was on, so they invited us in to watch it. It was AWESOME, I saw him make world history, it was really cool."
"We had some really good appointments with these two investigators, they are roommates and they brought their friend Eric along with them since we couldn't go in without a male in the house. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and it was really good, the spirit was there, and they were totally getting into it. We had to stop half way through because it was almost curfew, but we are going back again tonight to finish the job.""On Monday we had a family night and Jean and his family came, it was so fun, we played this marshmallow game to see how much you can fit in your mouth, and since I don't like them too much I gagged a few times and almost threw up, but didn't and
I lost to a girl. Even a little boy who was 6 beat me, and a lot of others. Then a Jehovah's Witness kid gave a closing prayer, and no one knew he was Jehovah's Witness except me, so it was pretty funny."
"Yesterday we found two new investigators. One's name is Faith, I think she was just placed in our hands. She has Mormon friends and doesn't agree with a lot of things in the Catholic church and is looking for something she can agree with. So we just came at the right time. The other inv. we found we talked for a couple of mins, but wants her husband there with her and has some amazing questions, and she lives in a really really huge house, I'm sending the picture.
"Well that was my week. I Love doing the Lord's work, it truly is one of the happiest times of my life. And I know he is always listening to us and will answer our prayers if we ask, if it's a good thing. I Love you all, Thank you for everything. Until next week."
-Elder Tyler Brox






















No comments:
Post a Comment