"Hey Family, hope all is well back home. Well let me tell you about our bomb week! Thursday was amazing! We had a zone conference, and it was really good. I definitely learned a lot that day about how to stay healthy. I keep forgetting to say this, but its a good thing I remembered. Elder Rust is a Spanish speaking missionary from Overton and knows the Campbell's. I remember Aunt Deanna telling me she knew someone that got called there. He's an awesome missionary, I've liked him from day 1. The main focus at ZC was attitude and basically we can be the best missionaries if we have a good attitude about everything. Even though sometimes it can be very hard, we just have to stay positive. After Zone Conference we went out to see a few people. We met up with an investigator named Anna. She told us she was sick, but stayed and talked with us for about an hour. We taught about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. She said she would read and pray about it. She also told us that she felt a lot better after we got done talking with her. Then we decided to contact a few people and we stopped and talked with this one lady who was on the street, she is from Jamaica. After we told her a brief message she told us that she wasn't planning on walking down this street and told us she thinks we crossed paths for a reason. Her name is Sophia and she wants us to come by on Saturday to teach her and her family. She's also going to make us some Jerk Chicken, a Jamaican dish that's really famous there, so I can't wait! We talked to a few more people and went on our way to go visit Joseph Ricarrdi. He has a problem with tithing, but we bore testimony and shared experiences with him. He still has a real hard time that the Lord is behind it all."
"Saturday we had a great day as well. We found a lot more people to teach, and have a lot of wonderful potentials. There is a university in our area, Seton Hall, and schools back in so we talked with a few students and they really like us and our message. One girl is going to get us into her religious studies class so that we can share our message to the class. They all want us to go on campus and talk to all the stuck up catholics who tell them over the radio that they are going to Hell. That's what a few people said, so they want to see us up there and prove them wrong in a sense. I Love the people in the Catholic church, but there's always those few, and every religion has them who just take it to the extreme. It turns a lot of people off from churches. Then we went to members homes and did power visits to get them pumped to do some missionary work."
"Sunday was awesome. We had someone come to church unexpectedly, and it totally made our day. Her name is Rachel. We taught her once in the park about a month and a half ago. We always call her, but she is very busy. She came to church and it made my day. She really loved it, everyone introduced themselves to her, and she felt so welcome. We will be meeting with her tomorrow night."
"Monday we had a really good appointment with a guy named Gabriel, he is from Haiti, and doesn't know too much English, so we took Santia with us and she was able to translate for us. Even though we didn't understand the language we felt the spirit really strong. then we committed him to pray about the things we left him with and he said he would. He also said if he found out it was true then he would be baptized. It was a wonderful week. The Lord is always blessing us and he'll never stop."
"I Love this Gospel and I Know its true, it just makes perfect sense to me with all of the teaching
I do. Well I Love you guys! I'm not transferred yet, that's next week, but if there's anything you need to send then send it to the office please. Love you all!"
-Elder Brox

























No comments:
Post a Comment