Where in NJ is Elder Brox?

Brox Family

Brox Family
Front row from L to R: Travis, Melissa, Andy, Jace (on lap), Nate. Second Row from L to R: Kylan, Makenna, Chad, Kierra, Sara (on lap). Back row from L to R: Shanna, Tyler, Wendy, Donnell, Drew (on lap).

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10/1/08 Letter

"Hey family!! Hope everyone is doing well considering how crazy everything is at this moment with the economy. Just remember what the prophet said "Get out of debt, and have your food storage" which is so true. Look at all the people who were in debt when the economy crashed, they're even more in debt. Words of the prophet are already coming to pass. Mom, Dad I really hope your doing well with the whole food storage deal. We are going to be using it really soon."

"Well another amazing week. This was my last week here in Maplewood. I never thought I would love an area as much as I do this one. I thought for sure nothing could replace Ledgewood, but boy was I wrong. I really hated this area when I first came here. But over time it grew on me, and the ward members here are the best because they are all converts and have a really good testimony of the church. Being with Elder Davis was a blast, our apartment, all the really spiritual experiences we had. Man, I'm gonna really miss this area. I also heard my new area Paterson is also amazing, so I'm excited to go try something new. It's also really ghetto, so it should be really fun. My new comps name is Elder Stettler. I haven't really met him yet because transfer conference is today at 1:30, but you'll be hearing all about him. I don't have my planner on me either so its gonna be a lot harder to remember what happened this last week. I'll give you the key points, because my time here is short."

"On Sunday we only had one investigator at church, it was really sad, but we did our best. There was a baptism after church for a little girl, it was nice to witness another baptism. We had a few people to stop by that day. We went to the DeJong's to say goodbye to them. She told us to stay and eat something and we only had a half an hour to do so, so we ate and we were talking to them, and Sis. DeJong starts telling us how she basically lost her faith. So we talked with her for a little bit and got everything resolved. Mike our investigator is really good friends with them and he bore his testimony to her about trials and things like that so that was awesome! Then we went and had dinner at the Morrey's house one last time. It was a lot of fun. Then the assistants called and since they live with us and we got along so well they wanted us to go do numbers with them, so we went with them to the mission office and just hung out doing some numbers, it was a lot of fun. They showed me the numbers of the area I was going to and the whole week they only had 1 member present, and 2 finding hours and the rest were 0s so they basically told me that's why I'm going there. Which scares me cause I have no clue what's going on over there. oh well I can only put my trust in the Lord."

"Then Monday we got to meet with Rachel. She is so bomb, we taught her the plan if Salvation with Sis. Rosemay. It was really good. We also taught Gabriel with Santia. We are going to commit both of them for baptism the next lesson. I'm really sad I won't get to see it happen, but I'm glad I helped find them."

"Well That's my week in a nutshell, I love doing the Lord's work, I never knew it would be this much fun!!! It truly is. Well I Love all of you and I'm grateful for all that you do for me. Love you Guys!!!!!!"

-Elder Brox

No comments: