"Hey family how is everyone doing? I can't believe how fast time goes by, It felt like yesterday I was sitting here writing you guys. Well let me tell you of this awesome week I had. A lot of crazy stories. First off I want to thank you mom for sending me that package, It really surprised me. I am so glad I got pictures from you guys, It means a lot, and as I was looking through them I started to cry, I was so happy."
"Well on Friday we were knocking in the ghetto and we found 2 new investigators. There was this one guy that I went up and contacted, he seemed really nice at first, but then he got real upset. He told us that we didn't want to have a conversation with him."
Me: "Oh really why is that?"
Him: "Trust me you really don't. You need to leave."
Me: "We are going to knock on your neighbors door."
Him: "Go away, they aren't interested."
"I rung the door bell.....twice. I knocked on it three times. Man was he angry. I was going to leave him with a card that you can call and order a free DVD about Jesus Christ."
Him: "I know my home boy Jesus."
Me: "Then you'll accept this card."
Him "I made that movie."
Me: "Oh really that's interesting."
Him: "Leave".
Me: "I love you and contention is of the devil."
"He got real mad and was cursing at us the whole time we got back into our car and left."
"On Saturday we had a real crazy experience. We had an appointment with a part Member family. They live in the ghetto part of town. We started making our way over when we saw the the elders driving past us. They stopped and we talked and asked them if they would like to come with us. WE got to our appointment and the people weren't there. Oh well, so we started walking back to the car. On the way to the car Elder Stettler asked this man if he needed help with putting together his windshield wipers. Well we are talking near the street, when I see this green spark in the corner of my eye and hear an electric sound. I looked up and the power box that is up on the power line poles is going crazy, and this man is underneath it. Oh by the way it was really rainy and windy. It showers this man with sparks as this thing is going off. He was OK, no one got hurt. Then we see the phone lines hanging down so we call and let 911 know there are live phone lines on the ground. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I wish I had my camera."
"Monday we went on exchanges, so I was with elder Coffin. We go in and start making dinner, and are about to leave, then Elder Nielsen lets me know we have missed calls and a voicemail. So I'm listening to this message and the person who called us just happened to be a professional Football player that we met 4 weeks earlier at Panera Bread. Uncle Brad since you are the only one I know who loves football you might know who he is and will understand our excitement. He just got drafted to the New York Giants. He's a member and served his mission in Canada and was an assistant to the president. He lives in my area!!! Anyways his name is Brian Kehl and he asked if we could go over and give him a blessing. We went over and talked about football for a while and then he asked if I could give him a blessing. It was awesome. He tore some ligaments in his foot when he caught an interception."

To see Brian's stats look here: http://www.giants.com/team/player395.html
"Then the next day, since we live in the ghetto there's trash everywhere, so we got garbage bags and went out in raining 40 degree weather with no jackets and our sleeves rolled up. It was fun. I'm loving every minute of being out here. Thank you all for everything."
-Elder Brox






















No comments:
Post a Comment