Where in NJ is Elder Brox?

Brox Family

Brox Family
Front row from L to R: Travis, Melissa, Andy, Jace (on lap), Nate. Second Row from L to R: Kylan, Makenna, Chad, Kierra, Sara (on lap). Back row from L to R: Shanna, Tyler, Wendy, Donnell, Drew (on lap).

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10/22/08 Letter

"Hey Everyone, hope everything is wonderful down there. I'm having a lot of fun and success out here in my new area. We did A LOT of service this last week. A branch member is going through a hard time so we went and helped her out with her Salon. She barely has enough money to get her two daughters food. She's in the process of opening a salon, so we went and painted and did her walls, so that was the majority of the week."

"But I had a cool/funny experience last Wed. Elder Henderson (I live with him) broke his nose playing basketball. Since I drove all of us to go and play, we had to all go to the hospital. Have you ever seen an ER where they rush the people in and get them all fixed up? We waited in the Emergency room for an hour and then they took him in and said they couldn't do anything until Monday because of the swelling. It was funny though because he was freaking out. We all knew he wasn't going to die, but it was just funny to see his reactions. They had to re-brake his nose because it healed sideways, then they had to preform surgery. He was knocked out the last couple of days.
Because Elder Henderson was out for a couple of days, I went on a lot of exchanges with Elder Nielsen, my MTC comp. We had such a good time. Together we were really successful both days. We set someone for baptism for this Sunday (not in my area though). We also had 5 new investigators in a half an hour. It's a big difference when you work together as a companionship."

"Well Family that's all the exciting news this week, once again I'm limited to Internet time so I apologize. I Love you all and should be sending out a letter this week to you mom and fam. Love you all. Hope to hear from you soon."

-Elder Brox

No comments: